Motor Starters Control Panels Automation and Monitoring Systems
Starters, Control Panels and Monitoring Systems, Fan Motor DOL STAR DELTA Starters, FREQUENCY Inverter fan control systems
We design, build and test our own in-house control/monitoring panels, including HMI, SCADA, Data-logging, PLC programming and validation, motor starters, inverter drives, continuous stack emission monitoring, airflow, temperature, humidity and pressure sensors. providing integrated, cost effective solutions for industrial monitoring and control requirements.
Our staff are qualified to General Engineering Degree Level, HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering, BS7671 17th Edition and City and Guilds Electrical Installation and Testing 2391.
- Instrumentation and sensors
- Automation hardware and software products
We specialise in environmental plant monitoring and control systems. We aim to provide cost effective solutions that are well designed, documented, supported and maintainable fulfilling customer requirements now and in the future.
We offer total systems integration from consultancy, specification, and design to commissioning and ongoing support, utilising established products, through:
- Pre-sale; Feasibility studies and technical recommendations on the process, control and system needs.
- System Requirements Specification and System Functional Design, documentation.
- Project Management, Planning and Scheduling.
- System Design (hardware / software) and Configuration.
- System/Software Validation and Testing.
- Full Project Documentation; operating procedures, wiring diagrams etc.
- Installation, Commissioning and Customer Training.
- Process/Control System Setup and Tuning.
- Ongoing System/Software Support.
We also have expertise in the following control and instrumentation fields:
- SCADA, PLC and process controller programming / configuration; systems have been designed using Process Modelling and Supervisory control adaptation utilising; PID, ratio, cascade and feedforward control strategies; including control tuning.
- Dust/Air Filtration Plant Automation, including COSHH and stack emissions monitoring.
- HMI (Human Machine Interface), touch screen /operator interface design and configuration.
- All types of motor starters; DOL, Star-Delta, Soft Starters and Variable speed control; including inverters and DC motors
- Weighing systems.
- Servo Control Systems. (Hydraulic, pneumatic)
- Sensor/signal conditioning and interfacing
- ATEX category 1,2,3 electrical equipment for use in hazardous areas.
Our systems can provide many operational advantages such as:
- Ease of modification in hardware and software, accommodating changes and additions in plant design and control
- User friendly operator interfaces, enabling personnel to have greater process visibility.
- providing superior command and control of the process
- enabling operators to make timely decisions
- Improved control
- Powerful historical and real time trending capabilities
Our experience covers a wide range of industries and processes such as:
- Power Generators (Gas, Coal, Oil, Biomass, and Alternative Fuel)
- Wood and Wood Based Product Manufacturers
- Waste Incineration and Waste to Energy Plants
- Chemical and Petrochemical Manufacturers
- Pharmaceutical Manufacturers
- Cement and Lime Manufacturers
- Metal Refiners and Processors
- Animal Feed Manufacturers
- Automotive Manufacturers
- Metal Finishing Operators
- Tobacco Manufacturers
- Quarry and Asphalt Plant
- Paper Manufacturers
- Glass Manufacturers
- Brick Manufacturers
- Steel Manufacturers
- Food Manufacturers
- Oil and Gas Refineries
- Mineral Processors
We provide comprehensive system design, validation and testing documentation specific to each project, this can include:
- System Requirement Specification’s, including Input / Output (I/O) listings
- System Design Specification including ATEX requirements.
- Functional Safety Specification / Design
- Electrical and control Panel Specification For Control Panel Builds and On site wiring.
- Customer Acceptance Testing and Validation
- All electrical wiring diagrams and cable schedules
- System Commissioning Documentation.
- Operator and Maintenance Manuals.
R&B Industrial can assist with or carry out the Control/ Automation System; ‘System Requirements Specification’. This specifies the reasons/objectives for providing the system and can be used as reference for project verification/validation.
Any expected performance benefits e.g. economic gain, quality, production improvements, can be stated together with reference to verification documents, methods, procedures etc. Other benefits should also be stated i.e. safety enhancements, improved or new functionality, resource efficiencies, etc.
Once the SRS has been completed and the project successfully tendered, R&B Industrial can produce a System Design Specification (SDS), based upon the SRS.
- The System Design Specification (SDS), provides a complete design record of the system based on the following principles:
- That every part of the system has been designed to do something and therefore has a function which can be described
- That all the functions of a complete system can be fully described by breaking the system down into its subordinate parts and also be describing these and their interactions and relationships.
At this point the SRS is ‘frozen’, referred to as Design Freeze. We will then:
- provide project scope of supply, schedules and timescales.
- commence system manufacture,
- order in equipment,
- start software configuration, if required
- start system build.
We can provide low cost interfaces to the vast majority for sensors, for example:
- Interface to the majority of thermocouples,
- 4-20mA, 0-10V etc. analogue inputs (AI’s) from virtually any analogue sensor.
- frequency/pulse inputs (I/Ps), from encoders/ tacho’s etc. (10Hz - 1MHz)
- analogue outputs 4 - 20mA, 0 - 10V etc. for interface to PLC’s and/or control if required.
- digital relay outputs, e.g. for local alarm i.e. sensor fail, high temp, level/flow alarm etc.
- provide signal linearisation and isolation, simple maths functions i.e. totallizing, limit checking, mass/flow, temperature compensation etc. Derived signals can then be used locally to control plant and remotely for data acquisition.
- Digital communications: Ethernet, RS232 / RS485 and Network Comms. i.e. MODBUS, to interface directly into a suitable data acquisition package. Giving capability of linking many remote sensors around the plant, simply into Data Acquisition System.
Dust extraction Constant Airflow Controller
In all dust extraction systems, airflow varies according to filter pressure. Ideally however the airflow should be kept constant throughout the life of the filter. As an alternative to a motor inverter control, R & B Industrial have developed a Constant Airflow controller, via modulated damper, as a cost effective and innovative way of controlling the airflow.
Our Constant Airflow Controller is able to maintain a constant airflow by sensing and compensating for filter differential pressure throughout the life of the filter. This optimises extraction system performance and extends the life of filters.
The Constant Airflow controller can be retrofitted to existing extractor units. Once installation is complete minimal attention is required. Additional features can be included, for instance; Remote audible alarm, differential pressure alarm, bin level alarm, high emissions alarm and continuous recording system etc
We are based in Andover in Hampshire, as well as Ilfracombe in North Devon but we are happy to carry out project and ventilation works across the country in:
Hampshire, Berkshire, Avonmouth, Dorset, Cornwall, Devon, Wiltshire, Exeter, Somerset, Oxfordshire, Bristol, Buckinghamshire, Middlesex, Northamptonshire, Surrey, Sussex, Wales, Bedfordshire, Gwent, Cambridgeshire, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Ceredigion, Clackmannanshire, Derbyshire, Essex, Gloucestershire, Greater London, Gwynedd, Taunton, Hertfordshire, Isle of Wight, Nottinghamshire, Kent, Leicestershire.