LEV Control Measures Capture at Source Hoods Canopies Plenums and Booths
Control measures must be practical, workable and sustainable, Dust/fume control is only effective when work takes place within the capture zone. Good LEV design must take into account the way in which the dust or fume is generated.
In general the more ‘energetic’ the process, the greater the rate of dust / fume generated, the greater the exposures encountered and the more containment of the process is required to control and capture the hazardous substances produced.
For instance picture DF091 unacceptable design of captor hood shows a flexible arm capture hood, unsuccessfully capturing dusts from a stone cutting operation. In this instance depending upon the silica content of the dust, a downdraught or rear-draught booth could be an acceptable solution.
R&B Industrial supply and install a large range of extraction tables for all you needs that include gluing, grinding, polishing, cutting, enamelling, carbon fibre / glass fibre work etc
For each captor hood we recommend Supply and Install of a Magnahelic Pressure Gauge indicating the flex arms / booth / captor hood, required air-flow performance:
- This will enable operators to clearly see that there is adequate airflow for each LEV extract point
- Gauge clearly marked with green operating zone specific for capture hood(s).
- Including static pressure spigots and tubing.
- Recommended for each LEV captor hood etc.
We can carry out comprehensive pre-design DSEAR / ATEX assessments. This ensures that:
- Hazardous Areas are correctly zoned: 22, 21, 20 dusts. 2, 1, 0 vapours, mists, gases
- Air flows are correctly specified for assurance of correct zoning
- Correct equipment category is specified
- Correct control measures are put in place such as air flow monitoring and alarms.
- Following this the correct LEV hood design is crucial to ensure air flows and flammable dust / solvent etc capture is effective.
- This enables us to potentially reduce extents of zones saving our customers potentially many thousands of pounds.
Please contact us for further information or if you would like a quotation to meet your specific requirements.
We carry out project and ventilation works in the following areas: Hampshire Berkshire Avonmouth Dorset Devon Wiltshire Somerset Oxfordshire Buckinghamshire Middlesex Northamptonshire Surrey Sussex Wales Bedfordshire Gwent Cambridgeshire Cardiff Carmarthenshire Ceredigion Clackmannanshire Derbyshire Essex Gloucestershire Greater London Gwynedd, Hertfordshire, Isle of Wight Nottinghamshire Kent Leicestershire