Vehicle and Paint Spray Booth Smoke Clearance Testing LEV Testing and Servicing
We carry out filter and comprehensive LEV/air flow tests for spray booths; this includes ‘clearance time’ tests ensuring effective removal of sprayed substances and providing operators with ‘safe entry’ times.
This is a requirement by the HSE to ensure the extraction system is effective and left on for a sufficient period of time to ensure removal of all hazardous substances.
We cover both dry and wet back booths testing and servicing.
Servicing / testing checks include:
- Face velocities with matrix and performance rating
- Clean/Check Manometer pipes and connections
- Check dry filter differential pressure
- Condition of booth back/sides
- Fan check condition and rotation, motor currents / phase (A), voltage and Kw
- Motor bearings, belts and fan connection
- Adjust fan belt tension as required
- Fixed/flexible duct work condition
In addition for water back booths etc:
- Check water level controller operation and check pipes/connections and clean if necessary
- Condition of baffle side; check and clean baffle plates if necessary
- Condition of water; pH value, level, corrosion inhibitor
- Condition of water pump
- Check hoses for leaks
- Water reservoir – water changed? Condition, leaks, corrosion
- Door and hatch seals - Check for leaks
- Other comments/ recommendations