COSHH LEV Testing, and Servicing, Ventilation Systems Balancing and Commissioning
In the UK the Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) Regulations has focused the attention of industry on the need to protect the workforce from exposure to hazardous substances in the workplace, COSHH and LEV Testing are essential in achieving this.
COSHH Requires that, no work that exposes anyone to substances hazardous to health, shall be carried out until an assessment has been made and appropriate control measures implemented.
COSHH Lays down a step-by-step approach to those precautions. It sets out essential measures that employers - and employees - have to take. COSHH is also a useful tool of good management, which can bring many benefits including saving you money and help employees reach a better understanding of health and safety. Please refer to attached pdf download ‘COSHH regulations 2002 ACoP.pdf’
"Control measure" means a measure taken to reduce exposure to a substance hazardous to health (including the provision of systems of work and supervision, the cleaning of workplaces, premises, plant and equipment, the provision and use of engineering controls and personal protective equipment);"
“Every employer who provides any control measure to meet the requirements of Regulation 7 shall ensure that –
- In the case of plant and equipment, including engineering controls and personal protective equipment, it is maintained in an efficient state, in efficient working order, in good repair and in a clean condition;
- In the case of the provision of systems of work, supervision and of any other measures, it is reviewed at suitable intervals and revised if necessary”
R&B Industrial provide the following services, to enable compliance with the relevant COSHH regulations and ensure your LEV plant and filtration processes are operating at maximum efficiencies:
- Local Exhaust Ventilation (LEV) initial appraisals, assessments and testing to determine adequacy of control measures.
- Periodic Thorough Examination and Testing (via maintenance and service contracts if required). These can be carried out once every 14, 6 or 3 monthly depending upon process, hazard, substance etc.
- R&B Industrial’s test engineers are also trained in service / maintenance of LEV systems so it may be cost effective to have the system serviced at the same time as carrying out your COSHH LEV Testing. Competitive servicing contracts are provided for a wide range of plant including;
- Dust and fume extractors, for virtually all OEM manufactured LEV systems, please refer to the list of OEM filter manufactures
- Electrostatic precipitators,
- Wet and dry scrubbers including venturi, packed bed, cyclonic / impingement,
- Wet and dry paint booths,
- Processes involving highly hazardous products such as isocyanates, cyanide, beryllium, chromates etc
- Performance criteria and analysis, including real time monitoring / data logging of critical process parameters; such as duct / LEV temperature, air flow, RH, filter differential pressure, system static pressure etc. etc. , to determine for instance why filters may be prematurely blinding.
- LEV Design and design appraisal services
- Specialist expertise for explosive substances DSEAR.
- We also Carry out minor remedial works, whilst on-site if competent, safe and covered by risk assessments. This can often save a return visit, saving our customers money.
- Advice on design of Continuous On-line Monitoring systems, if applicable ie for return air systems back to workplace. See Stack LEV Continuous Monitoring Systems.
As well as COSHH and LEV Testing, general ventilation system balancing and commissioning works are also undertaken, to confirm correct air changes / air flows as per specification/design data. We also provide report with test data and system logbook if applicable; see Local Exhaust Extraction LEV System Maintenance, Service, Refurbishment, Filter Changes1 page under this section