R & B Industrial Ltd can offer electrical controls and monitoring solutions. We specialise in ventilation, extraction automation systems. Aiming to provide cost effective control and monitoring solutions that are well designed, documented, supported and maintainable fulfilling customer requirements.
Our engineers are qualified to General Engineering Degree Level, HND Electrical/Electronic Engineering, BS7671 18th Edition and City and Guilds Electrical Installation and Testing 2391
We design, build and test our own in-house electrical controls and monitoring panels. These can include:
- PLC Programming and validation
- Motor starters
- Inverter starters
- Continuous stack emission monitoring
- Humidity and pressure sensors
Consultancy – Functional safety management – Risk assessment – SIL determination – SIL verification – Safety requirement specification – Functional safety assessment – Third party certification
Engineering and Design – Functional design specification – Software requirements – Detailed hardware design – Software development – Loop diagrams – Test procedures – Design calculations – System design (hardware/software) and configuration
Testing – In house testing – Factory acceptance testing – Site acceptance testing
Project Management – On time delivery of projects – Regular customer contact – Wiring diagrams – Agreed objectives to monitor progress of the project – Professional and qualified services from engineers.
Manufacturing – Panel building – System build – System integration
Commissioning – System inspection – Support during start-up installation, commission and customer training – Process control system setup and tuning
Control & Automation
from R&B Industrial Ltd.
Motor starters, inverters and control & monitoring solutions
We also have expertise in the following control and instrumentation fields:
- SCADA, PLC and process controller programming / configuration; systems have been designed using Process Modelling and Supervisory control adaptation utilising; PID, ratio, cascade and feedforward control strategies; including control tuning.
- Dust/air filtration plant automation including COSHH and stack emissions monitoring.
- HMI (Human Machine Interface) touch screen/operator interface design and configuration
- All types of motor starters; DOL, star-delta, soft starters and variable speed control, this includes inverters and DC motors
- Weighing systems
- Servo control systems (hydraulic, pneumatic)
- Sensor/signal conditioning and interfacing
- ATEX category 1,2,3 electrical equipment for use in hazardous areas.
We provide comprehensive system design, validation and testing documentation specific to each project, t his can include:
- System requirement specifications including input/output (I/O) listings
- System design specification including ATEX requirements
- Functional safety specification/design
- Electrical and control panel specification for control panel builds on site wiring.
- Customer acceptance testing and validation
- All electrical wiring diagrams and cable schedules
- System commissioning documentation
- Operator and maintenance manuals
Dust extraction constant airflow controller
In all dust extraction systems, airflow varies according to filter pressure. Ideally however the airflow should be kept constant throughout the life of the filter. As an alternative to a motor inverter control, R&B Industrial have developed a constant airflow controller. This is using modulated dampers as a cost effective and innovative way of controlling the airflow.
Our constant airflow controller is able to maintain a constant airflow by sensing and compensating for filter differential pressure throughout the life of the filter. This optimises extraction system performance and extends the life of filters.
The constant airflow controller can be retrofitted to existing extractor units. Once installation is complete the minimal attention is required. Additional features can be included, for instance; remote audible alarm, differential pressure alarm, bin level alarm, high emissions alarm and continuous recording systems
In certain atmospheres when a mixture of air gases, vapours, mists or dusts combine in a way that could cause ignition then ATEX certified equipment is needed to comply EU legislation to mitigate the potential of explosions.
In such environments ATEX certified equipment will need to be used to mitigate the potential of explosions, the problem with this is the cost of the ATEX equipment can be over three times as much as the same non-ATEX device.
At R&B Industrial we create control systems that remove the dangerous atmospheres, thus removing the need for ATEX certified equipment resulting in a more cost effective option for our customers.
R&B Industrial Ltd.’s expertise in control & automation
R&B Industrial Ltd. specialises in environmental plant monitoring and control systems, aiming to provide cost effective solutions that are well designed, documented, supported and maintainable, fulfilling customer requirements now and in the future.
We offer total systems integration from consultancy, specification, and design to commissioning and ongoing support.