Noise Surveys and Control
Exposure to high levels of noise can irreparably damage the hearing of employees, profoundly affecting their ability to communicate, interact in the workplace and their quality of life.
Noise at work can cause hearing loss which can be temporary or permanent. While people may recover from temporary deafness after leaving a noisy workplace, continuous exposure to loud noise are likely to suffer permanent damage.
This includes muffled hearing, inability to keep up with conversations and difficulty using the telephone, and potential loss of hearing or forms of tinnitus in the future.
We undertake workplace and environmental noise assessments, meeting the requirement of the Control of Noise at Work Regulations (2005), in order to evaluate and advise on appropriate measures to manage the risk.
R&B Industrial can provide a total compliance package from Noise survey and monitoring to management, control and noise reduction solutions, this can include:
- Pre-assessment visits
- Noise assessments
- Recommendations for health surveillance, audiometry testing, PPE etc.
- Assistance with implementation of a noise reduction control program
- Feasibility, design manufacture and installation of noise control solutions, for instance
- Quieter and more energy efficient fans.
- Acoustic enclousures, acoustic louvers.
- Silencers for new and existing systems.
- Vibration isolation and dampening; anti-vibration mounts, acoustic matting, Machinery isolation, flexible connectors.
- Noise absorption, including all sound absorption materials
- Improvements in ventilation duct and system design in order to reduce noise levels
- Quieter pneumatic air applications.
Further information can be found on the HSE WEB site: